CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Word Wrap
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:56 pm 

Would it be possible to have "soft" text wrapping which looks for spaces rather than breaking a single word over two lines (see blue highlighting below)

Would it also be possible to have an option to hide the word wrap markers, (orange highlighting below) I find them a bit confusing, and it's easy enough to work out from the line numbering which lines are wrapped

Cheers

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi, John.

These are both non-standard features.
Do you know some other editor with such options?

Thanks.
Codelobster Team.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 am 

Most editors I've used, including Homesite, Dreamweaver and the old Codelobster editor (before the PHP edition) have soft word wrap, not as an option but as the only setting. Here's a screencap is from Codelobster 2.0.0

Zend Studio allows you to switch between hard and soft wrap by checking/unchecking the wrap words option.

Most editors I've seen don't have end of line word wrap markers to start with. The only one I know which does is Visual Studio, and they're turned off by default when you install it. You turn them on by checking the "Visual Glyphs for word wrap" box

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Greate thanks indeed.
We will research ability to add this options.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Post subject: Re: Word Wrap
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 am 

Is there any news on soft word wrap appearing in code lobster? I recently swapped from phpDesigner to CodeLobster and I do find the current word wrapping (3.10.4) of splitting words in two quite annoying. It has to be the only editor I've seen in years that doesn't word wrap correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, phuckstepp.

Thanks for the reminding.
Unfortunately we han't done it yet, but we are going to add soft word wrap soon.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm 

+1 to this. A number of users will find this convenient once added I think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:47 pm 

Has this STILL not been implemented, or am I just missing the setting in the options? This is really quite annoying; I've never used another editor that breaks a word on wrap. Please add the option. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:38 am 

They added. but it wraps words from any char. Actually it split/divide the word not wrapping. But it is enough to see like that.
View->Word Wrap
or
Ctrl+Shit+W

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:57 am 

Yes Please!! I have just installed CodeLobster and was impressed with how powerful it is and still available as a "Portable" app. I am working on a site for a small business and only have a few weeks to get things working or they will tank and be out of business (and my job with it). If I can keep them afloat, I will be able to keep them as a client for a few years. Up until now I have been able to get by with Notepad++, but the system they are using is a frekn patchwork of additions from a lot of people at varying skill levels, and it is nearly impossible to track where a variable has been changed, which is why I am in the market for an IDE. I am really not very interested in one that is bulky since I do quite a bit of work on my old Vista laptop, and it is not very powerful (which is why I have been using N++)

I would love to continue to use CodeLobster, but I am running into a few minor speedbumps, nothing to stop work, but slows it down, this "Word Wrap" issue being one of them. I spent way too much time getting WAMP to work with CodeLobster and the website to just bail on it. I really only have a few days to get things going like normal with an IDE. Which ever IDE I decide on, the business will buy for me, but I really don't have time to go "Shopping".

Is this "Word Wrap" on words rather than characters going to be coming out in a few weeks, or is it something that you have on the back burner? This thread has been open for a few years now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 am 

Word wrap is a feature in an text editor or word processor program.