CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Linux?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 am 

I want a version for linux, I proved your IDE in windows and I really liked.
Itś really the best IDE for php that a had proved.
Please make a version for linux.
Sorry I don't speak very well english.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Unfortunately No.
We are not planing to support *nix systems in the near future.

Regards,
Codelobstern Team.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm 

Admin Wrote:
Unfortunately No.
We are not planing to support *nix systems in the near future.

Total disappointment.

Post subject: Re: Linux?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 am 

Yeah that is disappointing, I would definitely use CodeLobster on my Ubuntu box.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:51 pm 

May we inquire as to why you will not support *nix systems?
Is it a matter of development know how?
There are many good *nix developers that would be willing to help, gratis even!

Do you realize that you would be the only linux IDE that currently has native CodeIgniter/CakePHP plugin support?
You would have a lot of exposure very quickly. :)

Netbeans is close but does not have a true CI plugin and is only beginning to discuss CakePHP plugin possibilities from my understanding.
Their current answer is to use the "magic propery comments" and phpDoc syntax in your code which the netbeans IDE reads in using it like a helper.

Nice trick but if I have to write and maintain all my code completion what is the point?

Example of helpers used in NetBeans:
Code:
/**
* @property CI_Loader
* @property CI_Form_validation
* @property CI_Input
* @property CI_Email
* @property CI_DB_active_record
* @property CI_DB_forge
* @property CI_Table
* @property CI_Session
* @property CI_FTP
*/
Class Controller {
}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

We think that linux users havn't a habit to pay for used software.
Therefor we will not develop linux version.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 pm 

Admin Wrote:
Hi.

We think that linux users havn't a habit to pay for used software.
Therefor we will not develop linux version.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

wow, I am sorry but that just comes across as ignorant and uneducated. That might not have been the best answer to that question considering the number of your own forum users that are asking about Linux. You will alienate prospective and possibly even current customers with a post like that!

You truly believe that Linux user are unwilling to pay for valuable software?

How exactly did Red Hat close the 2009 fiscal year with $653 million dollars profit if Linux users wont pay for software?
http://investors.redhat.com/releasedeta ... eID=373036

My god please don't let that be the only hindrance for you porting (the code is already written) to another OS.
This seems to be a nice application and I am sure tons of Linux users would love to pay for a native PHP IDE that has framework support.

Keep in mind, if it has value, and cannot be found by other means... they will pay!
Currently there are NO PHP IDE's in linux that have native support for frameworks like CodeIgniter that I have found.
I personally would buy this application but I will not switch to Windows to do so.
Linux is what all my servers (200+) run on.
I can interact via SSH and NFS (for shared files) natively if my Desktop is Linux, I lose that *ease* of administration if it is Windows.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

I din't want to offend any of our customers,
but Linux OS is free OS, and the most software for this OS is free.
In any case we want to create good and powerful IDE for Windows at first,
and only after that we will have ability to think about Linux support.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 pm 

Well... the irony is that you give it for free anyways, you may have a non-free version, but as long as you provide a free downloadable version and there is even an option to generate a FREE license key and even on your website it is written "Free portable IDE for PHP/HTML/CSS/JavaScript development", so in my humble opinion you are MARKETING this "free" thing.
So, again, since in your website is 'free this, free that', how come you are upholding the argument that *nix users don't have a habbit of paying for their softeware?
On the other hand, what about Win users? Are most of them PAYING for their software or do they resort to torrents and stuff? Because last time I searched[curiousity only] very popular software on a torrent website i could see maaaany seeders, let alone leechers.
I don't want to be rude, but the whole argument becomes horrifyingly annoying, let alone stupid.
If you would have wanted users to pay for your software you wouldn't have made it free and you wouldn;t have said this:
"Whereas most companies sell it at high price (100-500$), we offer multifunctional portable IDE FREE absolutely with all standard features:
PHP/HTML/CSS/JavaScript highlighting, advanced PHP/HTML/CSS/JavaScript autocomplete, Powerful PHP debugger, SQL autocomplete, Context and Dynamic Help and much more", thus preventing your precious argument from becoming hypocrite besides stupid.
Because when it comes to frontend, you are all about FREE and you subtely BASH the companies that sell their soft at a "high price"(I did not know that 100-500$ was such a high price), but when it comes to actually beingg about FREEDOM you become exactly the ones you claim you aren't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

You are right.
May be our IDE will not be free soon,
because it is very hard to develop good IDE for own money without income.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 pm 

I would advise you to. It is more decent than complaining that "*nix users don't have a habbit of etc etc". And i have a vague feeling that amongst the developers there a lot of *nix users who wouldn't use an IDE that would FORCE them to change their OS(i am a web developer myself and frankly I find windows to be a poor webdev environment) and I'm saying this because as an user before me pointed out, thingsa are not so black and white, if it is good, if they can't find it anywhere, they'll pay. It is wiser than insulting possible customers by claiming they "have a habbit" of doing what they may not be doing at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 pm 

I think you have a wrong concept about free software, some research I think you could understand that there are companies based in this "free" software. The only thing that stops me from buying your software is that it only supports windows.

Anyway, I want to say that your ide is IMHO the best ide.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:21 pm 

I too was hoping for *nix version. I have just tried the trial version of the IDE and really like it. I wish I could purchase it. However, because there is no linux version, CodeLobster is a no-go for me, unfortunately. If CodeLobster was available for linux, I would be more than willing to pay for this IDE.

I don't use linux because it's free (though opensource is certainly a plus). Rather, I use linux because it is more suited to my needs. For whatever it's worth, I have paid for quite a few linux applications and have no issue with paying for software. The same can be said for many of my colleagues, who are either predominantly linux or Mac users -with an emphasis on the former.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 pm 

Did you pay for this phpbb powered forum?

Check the average payment linux users have in this game pack.

...and all linux users pay for software.

PD I already bought CL for windows, hoping you guys change your mind someday

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:27 pm 

That would be an open discussion. Integrating this software to Linux is a huge task and I think they're still weighing if there's enough market out there.

Overall, CL works good for me in Windows.