CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Easier Navigation
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:39 pm 

I'm sure it's very easy to implement and it will be very helpful if user can navigate through comments the same way as now he can navigate though functions.
For example i put comments for a blocks of my code and then i can see a list of comments like a tree and clicking on an item in that list i go to that line where specific comment is. That will speed up user work dramatically.

Also i have to say about editor: when i drag selected part of the code to another place i cannot see cursor and almost every time i miss the desired place for dragged code.

Post subject: Re: Easier Navigation
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 pm 

I would also vote for this. Not really a deal breaker but would be a nice one to have.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm 

I'm working on the index file which has about 3000 lines and more then 70 blocks of code (each block executes separate command). Each time when i need to find a block i have to scroll the whole file looking for comments and in that way it's easy to miss that part of code what i'm looking for.
1) The bookmark option in CodeLobster is very poor. I didn't find how to rename a bookmark (so every time i have to recall what bookmark's number is standing for) and only 10 named bookmarks (?!!)
2) Using my suggestion you don't need to place the bookmarks - they are already there as comments - just open the file. And you can do it in other program and then open in CL and everything on its place.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Many thanks for the suggestion.
We will research the ability to implement it.

Also we suggest you to use Bookmark Window in the Codelobster.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:21 pm 

Thank you. The title on that window says 'Drupal' so i didn't get that it is the bookmark window.
Could you tell me if bookmarks saved in project file or somehow else? I just want to be sure that i'm not wasting my time placing the bookmarks which can be lost. It happened to me once (i don't remember the software i used at that moment) and after that i don't use the bookmarks.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:18 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

I mean Bookmark Window (not Drupal)
Please, look at the screenshot.

Regards,
Admin.

Attachments:
bookmarks.gif
bookmarks.gif [ 57.18 KiB | Viewed 54024 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:20 pm 

I think i have to upgrade (i use CL 3.10) CL because i don't see that window even if the option View>Windows>Bookmarks is checked but Drupal panel on the left side works exactly as Bookmarks window and depends on that View>Windows>Bookmarks option (appears/disappears).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:40 pm 

As I red from previous suggestion in this thread, can you tell me if the bookmarks are kept in the project file or if it will be in upcoming version. When I work on a projet I bookmark all the place where I've made change to keep track before the feature is complete. So if I need to close the project I think it would be great to have my bookmark back after re-opening. Thank you !