CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thoughts from a new user
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 am 

I've been using CL-Pro 4.2.0 for a couple of months now. (Didn't experience the crash issues so I didn't bother with the latest update. Using XAMPP stack on Vista64 system) I've only used CL with some small projects and an existing WordPress project so far. I haven't tried any of the FTP functions yet. Overall, CL is a very good IDE. I really like the SQL panel and the class view - CL is a great tool for getting familiar with the various MVC frameworks. Drupal is next :D

Here's a list of bugs and suggestions that I put together while working on the projects during that time.

Watch panel variables don't seem to be working - must fix!
All bookmarks from all projects persist through the program shutdown and restart. Would like them to be per-project.
Breakpoints are lost after program restart. Would like to see breakpoints persist, per project, through the program shutdown and restart.
Would like to see a panel with a list of all breakpoints - filename and line number.
Would like to see the watch variables persist, per project, through the program shutdown and restart.
Code Inspector doesn't show CSS styles for form tag.
@TODO should show up in the todo panel.
When hovering mouse over a function name, the info in the popup tooltip should also display @param and @return if designated for the function.
Sometimes hovering over a variable name pops up the variable value, sometimes the value will not pop up.
Pop up value in a long string appears to be truncated - doesn't display all data in the string.

After renaming a file, old filename is still used in project. Even after project reload. Bug seen in "Resolve Ambiguity" dialog box.
After renaming a class, old class name is still used in project. Even after project reload. Bug seen in "Class View" panel.
Must delete and recreate the project to clear out the above 2 bugs.
After closing a project, the project name is still displayed in the CodeLobster title bar.

The name for the Properties panel is a bit misleading. I thought it would display CSS properties from tags selected in the code. Perhaps a better name for it would be Project Settings? Maybe I'm missing something here.
Properties panel opens blank. To fill it, have to click icon on other side of IDE. Maybe open the panel populated or have the fill icon on the panel?

In Debug, would like to see a 'step-out-of function' command.
In Preview, next to the url, clicking on the feather icon appears to have no affect?
When typing a comment, don't need the tooltip popup
Would like to be able to copy an entire variable from the locals panel. Not just individual lines.
Would like to see some indication in the IDE that the debugger is running, other than looking at the Call Stack.
After sending a stop request to the debugger, the script continues to run to completion.
Would like to see a "number of days left" in trial period. (In the application open splash screen)
Would like to see a snippets panel.
Would like to see a templates panel for creating new files and classes with my own format.
Would like to see a function timing feature.
Would like to see a highlight color behind the located matching brace/bracket. (Bring more attention to the matching brace/bracket).
Would like to be able to add XAMMP log files to a project (for monitoring). Files not in a "library" and not in the project files directory
Would like to see error specifics displayed on hover over the exclamation icon.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts from a new user
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Many thanks for the extended feedback.
We will look at the each item by the next version carefully.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:28 am 

I would also like to have a step out of debug function, possibly using Shift-F11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Yes - thanks for the good suggestion.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 am 

has step out been implemented yet? I can't see it if it was. This is something I was trying to do rather than pounding away at the step over then missing the line I wanted, but there is no step back (this I am aware is not in most IDEs, but not having a step out, I have missed the line I wanted and wished there was a step back)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 am 

thanks for the extended feedback.
gclub goldenslot คาสิโนออนไลน์