CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cloning a website into a different language on same domain
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:33 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to find a solution concerning my website https://www.theconsultants.co.il.

The website is in hebrew with pages and posts (wordpress). i wish to have the same layout and design in English - without the use of plugins (they all mess the site up)

how do i go on about it?

your help is much appreciated

Post subject: Re: Cloning a website into a different language on same doma
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:15 am 

I think your best option would be to create a sub directory on your hosting plan and for instance name it /en/. Then you might need to copy all the Hebrew files into this sub directory folder and from the Hebrew website, use a link to redirect visitors to the English version in the sub directory.
Since it is a Wordpress site, I see problem with this attempt, what plugins have you tried? :!:

Post subject: Re: Cloning a website into a different language on same doma
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:30 pm 

kurthaelban Wrote:
I think your best option would be to use the best fat burner to create a sub directory on your hosting plan and for instance name it /en/. Then you might need to copy all the Hebrew files into this sub directory folder and from the Hebrew website, use a link to redirect visitors to the English version in the sub directory.
Since it is a Wordpress site, I see problem with this attempt, what plugins have you tried? :!:

The option I gave you was one of several ways of solving the problem and I believe it is the most robust option you have.

This would require to either create a new domain name outside your current website or simple create a sub-domain on your main domain.

The important thing is that you need to create both with the same theme - they need to have the same feel with the only difference being the language they are written in.

What you need to do in order to link both of them together would be use custom menus in cross-linking them. Add a custom link to each menu that links to your other site, so visitors can switch to that language easily.