CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Run From USB Flash Drive(True Portability)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm 

I would like to be able to run CodeLobster from a portable USB Flash Drive, thus making it truely portable. Right now the registration information is still saved in the windows registry even in "portable mode" instead of the portable.xml file, thus requiring you to reenter your registration details on ever PC you would like CodeLobster to run on. If you could make this possible it would be a dream come true.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

Post subject: Re: Run From USB Flash Drive(True Portability)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Aleeious.

We understand your desire,
but storing registration information in registry is standard practice
because we have paid Pro version.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am 

This is fairly reasonable. I guess this would also defeat the purpose of having a paid version.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm 

gavind Wrote:
This is fairly reasonable. I guess this would also defeat the purpose of having a paid version.

How would this defeat the purpose of the paid version? I'm not asking to give away the paid version, I'm simply asking to store the paid version credentials inside the portable.xml file so it can be used on the go. Yes, it does make it easier to pirate the software, but then again what's there to stop someone from simply copying the serial and posting it online? Then again, i have seen screenshots of the splash screen with the name and license key on display. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Aleeious.

We understand your point completely.
We will research an ability to migrate registration info from registry for portable .xml file again.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:03 pm 

Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this. Yes it is it does make it easier to pirate the software, but then again what's there to stop someone from simply copying the serial.
Regards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 am 

I am really grateful to recieve information from experienced people and i hope that this post will help others aswell !

http://pass4sure.co.uk
http://www.citrix.com/
http://www.yale.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrix_Systems

Last edited by bella9091 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:13 pm 

Hi,

It's been awhile since i last heard from you about this request(Dec 13, 2012). Can you please give us an update on when this would be implemented? I am using CodeLobster on a USB and it's starting to get annoying having to request a new free license key for every computer i want to use it on. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Aleeious.

We understand the inconvenience,
but we didn't change our registration system yet.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 am 

This is too bad. I have run my portable CodeLobster Version on a friend's PC with a Free CodeLobster Version Installed. At the end of the day, my friend told me that his free copy is now "registered". I can't see the point of having a "portable" copy when you can go around running it and registering it to other PCs.

Please understand, I Love CodeLobster. :-) Just want to point out this bug.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 am 

I have tried this but it failed to run properly. I know that the USB flash drive needs to be configured properly but I really do not know how it needs to be configured. I think you guys can help me out here.

Ola Al Hossary
Principal
Ceramic Wall Tile Bathroom

Last edited by pondshus2 on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 pm 

psalmnoelfigueroa Wrote:
This is too bad. I have run my portable CodeLobster Version on a friend's PC with a Free CodeLobster Version Installed. At the end of the day, my friend told me that his free copy is now "registered". I can't see the point of having a "portable" copy when you can go around running it and registering it to other PCs.

Please understand, I Love CodeLobster. :-) Just want to point out this bug.

The point is you depend on either having your friend register his "copy" or you having to obtain a free license and working within it's limitations which is really bad if you happen to be using one of the pro plugins or features. Its a big hassle if you have CodeLobster installed on your USB stick attached to your keychain which you take it everywhere you go. The other problem is what happens if you encounter a place that disallows the install of software? Even if you run it from the USB they more then likely locked access to the registry anyhow.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 am 

My point is since the license is placed on the registry, all PC (windows) that you run your PRO CodeLobster will have their copies also be registered. If you use it anywhere else, your license traces will be injected in the registry and it will be easier for PC techies to grab that license and post it in the internet for free.

Well, I hope that they will improve the licensing process for this application. I really love codelobster. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm 

psalmnoelfigueroa Wrote:
My point is since the license is placed on the registry, all PC (windows) that you run your PRO CodeLobster will have their copies also be registered. If you use it anywhere else, your license traces will be injected in the registry and it will be easier for PC techies to grab that license and post it in the internet for free.

Well, I hope that they will improve the licensing process for this application. I really love codelobster. :)

While true such a feat is not necessary at all since the official tutorials give you a free license key anyways(might want to edit that out) :P Also if the key is stored in an encrypted file in the folder on the USB stick the app resides the key will never be stored locally and therefore will be harder to get at.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:23 am 

I have also tried but this is not worked properly.I need help to configured.Please guys help me out. :( :(