CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Code Collapsing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:41 pm 

First of all I love codelobster! I have tried everything else I can find and I always come back for all of the great features and speed.

That said there are two things I would love to have adjusted/made better/fixed.

1. Code collapsing - I use this feature ALL the time and it is one of my first requirements looking at code editors. It makes dealing with lots of code functions/sections so much easier. The problem with the code collapsing in code lobster that drive me crazy are several fold.
- No control over what I can group collapse (such as functions, or jquery/javascript classes, conditionals). Since you only have "collapse all", which only collapses the top level functions/classes/conditionals and not things inside of those things, on a large javascript class or a long jquery "window open" function, the collapse all does nothing for me. So I have to go through and collapse all the internal functions by hand to get them all collapsed. major pain on long files.
- Once all the things are collapsed, if I then say change the function name or put a line break after a collapsed item(for visual organization) things start popping open from being collapsed. Or if you double-click, it will pop open and then accept a click which will be inside of the now open function and start typing. So I end up typing things into the open function instead of where I was double clicking on the function name when it was collapsed.
- Would love some options on collapsing like collapse case statements, collapse if-elseif-else rules (collapse all vs collapse each)

2. Faster dealing with larger files (this one I understand is problematic for a lot of reasons) but when I do have larger files open it slows down so much because of all the automatic things that happen as you type. And there are not enough options to turn them off or even just slow them down so they have some kinda delay so that in a large file the delay happens so that it doesn't try to do automatic things (like quoting,and coloring, error checking) until there is a break in the typing over the delay amount or some such like that. This I think would allow for faster working in larger files.

The more preferences I can control the happier I am since it is so much of an individual type of activity. I tend to like to type and like to turn off some of the automatics since they can slow me down in cases, but I can't turn off some of the ones i'd like to.

But still my favorite editor by far, you do a fantastic job and are always adding great new things

Post subject: Re: Code Collapsing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

Many thanks foe the detailed notes.
We will think how we can improve it.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Post subject: Re: Code Collapsing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:12 pm 

Add me up on working with large files. At first I thought it was my PC but checking the CPU utilization, it's only at 60%.