CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Switching Between Projects - Persistence Behavior
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:33 pm 

I work several projects throughout the day and there are some changes I'd like to see in CodeLobster to make switching between multiple projects more efficient. Currently running CL Pro v4.6.1

When I open a project:
1) CodeLobster should remember the files that were open, breakpoints, bookmarks and watch variables that were set in place the last time that project was closed. This way, I can start right where I was when I closed the project.

Right now when I close a project and reopen it, I have to go find and reopen the files I was working on and recreate all of the breakpoints.

2) Would like to see a project-specific to-do list in a panel.
When working with MVC frameworks like Cake or CI, there are many @TODO in the code base. It would be nice to have a way to generate my own todo list and have it separated from the @TODOs found in the MVC code. Each project would have a panel that contains items that only I have generated.

3) More of an annoying bug.
When I close a project, CodeLobster keeps the project name in the IDE title bar. With no open projects, the last project name is displayed in the title bar.

Thanks!

CodeDawg

Post subject: Re: Switching Between Projects - Persistence Behavior
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Many thanks for the good suggestion.
We already has the same improvements in our plans.

Third problem was fixed in version 4.7.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:21 pm 

Count me in on that nice idea please. I think it would really be useful.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

Yes, as we said we have these improvements in our plans.

Thanks.
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:38 pm 

BUMP - looking forward to seeing these built into the IDE (hopefully soon?)

Since the old #3 has been fixed, I have a new #3. :D

3) When there is no project open, I would like to have the ability to open the Explorer pane to the folder of a file opened in the editor.

Right now I have to manually go hunt for the directory of an opened file. If I right click on the file tab in the editor there is an option to open up Windows File Explorer to the folder of the file. It would be very helpful if there was also an option to open up CodeLobster Explorer the same way.

Thanks!
CodeDawg

CodeDawg Wrote:
I work several projects throughout the day and there are some changes I'd like to see in CodeLobster to make switching between multiple projects more efficient. Currently running CL Pro v4.6.1

When I open a project:
1) CodeLobster should remember the files that were open, breakpoints, bookmarks and watch variables that were set in place the last time that project was closed. This way, I can start right where I was when I closed the project.

Right now when I close a project and reopen it, I have to go find and reopen the files I was working on and recreate all of the breakpoints.

When working with MVC frameworks like Cake or CI, there are many @TODO in the code base. It would be nice to have a way to generate my own todo list and have it separated from the @TODOs found in the MVC code. Each project would have a panel that contains items that only I have generated.

3) More of an annoying bug.
When I close a project, CodeLobster keeps the project name in the IDE title bar. With no open projects, the last project name is displayed in the title bar.

Thanks!

CodeDawg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:36 am 

** BUMP **

When I open a project:

3) When there is no project open, I would like to have the ability to open the Explorer pane to the folder of a file opened in the editor.

Right now I have to manually go hunt for the directory of an opened file. If I right click on the file tab in the editor there is an option to open up Windows File Explorer to the folder of the file. It would be very helpful if there was also an option to open up CodeLobster Explorer the same way.