CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Feature Req. Multline edit, Default file type, Del blank ln
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 pm 

Thanks for this great code editor (CodeLobster PHP Edition).

I tried many free code editors and found that CL, Notepad++ and PsPad are the most near according to a web developers and designers needs. I am presently using Notepad++ but trying to switch to CL. CL has many features which are not available in other editors. But I am lacking some features which are preventing me to switchover to CL:

1) Multi-line editing
2 users had requested this feature (http://codelobster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1898 (7th in the list of requests), http://codelobster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1880) before almost 2 years but still it is not implemented.

2) Default file type
Clicking on the New button from toolbar or pressing Ctrl+N is creating a new blank file whose file type is .txt. Here I request you to add an option to allow user to select a language/extension for the default new blank file.

3) Remove blank lines
However regex can be used to remove blank lines (as mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2756) it will be better if there is a direct option somewhere in Edit menu to do so.

4) Add/remove commands from toolbar
Please allow users to add and remove commands from toolbars. It will make CL more clutter free. Most of users execute commands using shortcut keys while rare commands are executed by clicking on the icon/button on toolbar. Mostly users click on icon/button when shortcut key is not defined OR it is hard to remember OR it is uncomfortable to press OR not remembered by the user.

Another which is not so much important but would make some sense:
5) Group commands related to "line" operations in a submenu
There are several commands in Edit menu related to line(s) (for ex, Move line Up/Down, Select Line, Delete to Start/End of Line, Duplicate Line(s), Comment/Uncomment line(s) etc.) can be grouped in a submenu in Edit menu (Edit -> Line Operations -> {line_operation_commands}). Users may not oppose to have one command in multiple menus; for ex, "Select Line" command can be placed in "Edit -> Select" and in "Edit -> Line Operations" too.

As I am new to CL, it is possible that some features listed above are already available in CL; if that the case, please guide to find those features.

Again, thanks for the finest free code editor. Hoping to receive quick response and feature fulfillment at earliest.

Post subject: Re: Feature Req. Multline edit, Default file type, Del blank
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Hi, nikunjbhatt84.

Many thanks for the good suggestions.
We will try to add some of them soon.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:09 pm 

Quote:
3) Remove blank lines
However regex can be used to remove blank lines (as mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2756) it will be better if there is a direct option somewhere in Edit menu to do so.

I would be very much interested if I it gets developed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 am 

Yes, we have many requests about split view and we will add it soon. Debug can act as an assembler, disassembler, or hex dump program that allows users to interactively browse the contents of memory in assembly language,

Last edited by baron25 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 pm 

I like the suggestion of multi-line editing. This is a feature seen in things like Notepad++ and Visual Studio by holding the alt key and dragging up or down to select multiple line and then you can type on all these lines at once.

Keep up the good work. I am absolutely loving this program :)