CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Explorer window
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 pm 

I was a bit dubious about CL to begin with but now I'm really starting to like it. I'm almost at the point where it will replace the software that I've been using for a loooong time...;-)

My only real problem is that I find it a little awkward to use the single Explorer window to navigate around different files in different directories and on different drives.

I wonder if this is just a problem for me or whether other people feel the same way? If you have had other similar comments, then I wonder if you might consider some of the following possibilities for development?

1. the ability to specify one directory as the 'root' directory on your local machine - for example xampp - so that you only see the ones below it
2. the option to have a split Explorer window so, for example, the top half shows directories and the bottom half lists the files in the selected directory
3. the option to have two (or more) Explorer windows so, for example, you might use them for different drives

Maybe if 2 and/or 3 could be implemented then 1 wouldn't be necessary?

Sorry, one other suggestion, if I may?

Sometimes it's not always obvious if you've edited a file but have not saved it. I know that an asterisk appears by the filename in the tab, but I wonder if it might be possible to highlight this a little more? Perhaps the filename could be in a different colour, or italics, or both?

Best regards
John

Post subject: Re: Explorer window
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:09 pm 

Quote:
2. the option to have a split Explorer window so, for example, the top half shows directories and the bottom half lists the files in the selected directory

Split Windows would be a good one to have too.

Post subject: Re: Explorer window
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 am 

Sometimes it's not always obvious if you've edited a file but have not saved it. I know that an asterisk appears by the filename in the tab, but I wonder if it might be possible to highlight this a little more? Perhaps the filename could be in a different colour, or italics, or both?

We offer best quality 9L0-412 latest resource ASQ exam and high quality wikipedia Also get free demos of Stanford University certification and 220-702 practice questions Miami International University of Art & Design