CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My suggestions for futurs improvments.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:30 pm 

Hi,

what i would :

. Have a debugger witch display constant values as well.
. Workspace submenu somewhere (as i would not overload the clear menu interface of the IDE with a workspace menu)
. A way to vue the value directly in the class explorer while debugging, maybe with a ballon.
. A better display of constant value. Example :

Code:
define('APPPATH', BASEPATH..'/');

in the index.php front controler file in code igniter 2.2 is resolved as

Image.

Instead of application/

. A cross just on the tab to close more easily the tab.
. A way to changer interface font in the options.
. An improved auto correction, like do PHP Code storm. Example if you type strpos() without the parameters, it will underline it as missing "parameter 1 :..."
. A dynamic help which display the PHP Manual instead of making a link on it would be a good improvement also. You already 've done it in the ballon contexual help, why not in the dynamic help ???
. Keep the IDE as far and simple as today, don't do some heavy factory like most part of PHP IDE today, your IDE is really efficient, fast and nervous !

More adds in the futures (i will note them).

. A debbuger which permit to separate the custom values and the system one (included extensions). Often, i only need to see what's happen in my framework, i don't really care to have all the servers values for examples. Maybe a custom hide list ?

Keep up the good work, you are the best on the market :mrgreen:

Cheers,
John.

Post subject: Re: My suggestions for futurs improvments.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, John.

Great thanks for the good suggestions.
We will look what we can implement from this list.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm 

Hi team,

thanks for your answers, here are my new feedback :

. Allow to select the demo text in the preference editor in order to copy paste it in another editor will help to find the same color.
. Allow to keep parameters passed to URL in the preview tab between the switches. Currently i must add it each time.
. A classic snipet manager tab (the ability to call the snipet with the completion is very good, keep it !)
. If a breakpoint is set on a line with no code selected in a php file, the debugger won't stop on the breakpoint. Maybe a message preventing that will be good, or maybe you can tweak the debugger ?!
. The possibility to dump all the vars in a file while debugging
. The possibility to search a value in the locale view while debugging
. The possibility in the debugger to place a watchpoint in more than one file. For example, in Code Igniter, you call index.php which load various controlers. But you need to launch index.php first. Maybe i missed something, but it's not possible currently to put a breakpoint in my controller and launch the front controller index.php to go on it.
. More space on the right to read tab name (currently, in the screenshot below,all the tabs are in a close space and are not readable, even if there are a lot of space usable for that)
. Don't display auto sense after a comments (useless)
. Use of // for each line of comment instead of /*, less source of error while uncomment.
. Add an option to add the // directly after the code instead of at the beginning of the line.
. Plan to permit to use the CLI debug on the local php.exe
. an option to lock the position of the tool bar
. Multiple selection movable (currently it move only the first line)
. when an error is underlined, a break point appear with a !. If you clic on it and go back to the text, you are like you was making a selection, even if you didn't select anything, it's a bit strange as behavior.
. Signet are not really usable : Can't add a precise description, due to the limitation of the field (and no space are accepted). Description is useless due to the identation of the code. Resizing is useless and annoying :
After a resize :

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
John.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, John.

Many thanks for the another good suggestions.
Surely we will look at it too.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:07 pm 

New set of remarks :D

. Some error messages are not localized
. Suggestion : A place on the tool bar (readonly text) to indicate in which part of the code we are (function+name, object, namesplace...)
. When i have two view on the same file, moving the middle bar on right windows, move the horizontal scroll bar of the other one
. Suggestion : A button to switch between view will be cool, as i often lose time resizing each one to keep the largest screen
. Suggestion : More than one clone, and the abilty to stack them horizontally.
. Suggestion : A save copy option
. Suggestion : Ctrl+a number to raised () or [] or... ; if something selected => encapsulated (check notepad2 for the behavior)
. Suggestion : Permit complete undo backward then forward then backward...
. Debugger : A right click options to expand all toggle point
. Debugger : Some values like array are not resolved (ex : MyArray("test")) if i move the cursor on the variable name;
. Debugger : maybe an option to get the value at the current level of code would be interesting. Currently at line 3 if i add 2 to number i, and i add 4 to it on line 4, placing the cursor on i at line 3 will display the current value, i+2+4, instead of the last one seen (i+2).
. Debugger : Type in codewatch and debugger for integer are long instead of integer, mike xdebug.
. Suggestion : Option to have auto reload when a doc si changed outside without asking
. A true local help with search
. Suggestion : Notepad2 template color ;)
. Suggestion : Add the possibility to define custom part of the code to toggle (code folding)
. Suggestion : Add the option to switch to comment, uncomment, using the same shortcut
. Suggestion : While selectionning a text, then making a crtl F displaying the text selected in the search area sound like a good idea (like notepad2)
. Suggestion : writing html inspector on the tab inspector will help to understand it usage
. Suggestion : Option to collapse some of the element while opening a php file (ex : all functions)
. Suggestion : A refactorting module (like the one in PHPEd, very good to replace vars)
. Suggestion : A visual display of the ending bracket
. Suggestion : A option to add a visual line in the IDE to separate the part of the code (ex : a class, a function)
. Suggestion : A option to have a path bar like the one in phpstorm, with the ability to display file to load in each path
. Suggestion : Find usage option for a function, a property
. Suggestion : An option to find var with no usage in the code
. Error are slowly erased when corrected
. Suggestion : A tooltip of the error of the breakpoint icone will be interesting
. Suggestion : A Comment option in the right clic
. When cloning view, if i add a line in a view, it's decal the breakpoint in the other view !!!
. Suggestion : A prefilled library of snipet, like VBS Edit
. Suggestion : Removing the PHP Edition to your product name, it give to think it is a bad declinaison of a generic progamm instead of a good dedicated one !
. Suggestion : in the dbg, a filter to exclude certain vars
. Suggestion : To see only file related signets and not signet on various files
. Ctrl+shift - useless or not working (only clas level is collapsed)
. Suggestion : Add the middle click of the mouse to collapse or uncollapse code. Or add the support of the middle mouse button in your shortcut list
. The custom collapsing isn't respected when a search and replace is trigged, all part are uncollapsed !!
. A tool to cleanup the invisible space/tab after each ; at the end of each line. Or an option to do this automatically.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 am 
Site Admin

Wow.
It is great set of suggestions :)
We will analyze it surely.

Thanks.
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 pm 

Giving this suggestion a +1 as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:05 am 

:D

It's a bunch fo work, i don't expect to see it implemented but anyway, it's written !