CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Codelobster vs Komodo Edit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm 

I know many people are fanatics about NOTEPAD++ but seriously, that doesnt even shine a candle to (open source)Komodo edit in terms of programming efficiency. (I mean seriously, it auto completes EVERYTHING!
However this is not a bash on NP++, what I came here is to compliment Codelobster. For many years I have used Komodo due to its speed of programming. literally, I hardly have to type as it has an incredible way of monitoring script and vars as well as functions(see below). I found codelobster when trying to find a decent editor for my old(emphasis on old) laptop that I travel with so I can continue to write code. For some reason Komodo edit would not work, well it did at the time of install, then for some reason it would crash when the laptop was turned back on again.. something about a not recognized win32 app. pffft.

So anyways, I found CodeLobster. I was amazed! super fast on load up (KE is super slow, not sure why) and had all the auto-complete that KE had. Was a pleasure to work with it.... at first.
Once I got settled down with it, I realized just how pampered I was with KE. While CL had the same auto complete, it was annoying on how it handled it. this will be a rough to show, but here goes

take the following

echo $np['username'];
in KE it completes that as the following
echo $np[' (puts the closing quote and bracket) user name, (now when I click the quote, it overwrites it) then the closing bracket, and it is over written when i press it as well)
another faster way with KE is to
echo $np['username (now just hit tab and it completes all the necessary closes)

with CL there is an ugly problem I cannot turn off:
same as above but it looks like the following:

echo $np['username'']] <-- note the doubles I have to hit the del key to wipe those.
if i hit tab to bypass the closing braces/brackets/quotes, it just inserts a tab where the cursor is at.

KE has another nice feature that I like, auto indent. CL does auto indent, but if i want to back off and indent - it is a singl space at a time, KE will auto backward a full tab it applicable.
Now I may have a bad setting (this densest matter in KE), but I like to use spaces over tabs, but I haven't checked, but it is possible that the backward tab is because of that settings. I will check on that.

Anyways, over all, I like CL While the above to some is petty, I have been writing code for years, and it is nice to see "intelligent" editors. I can actually spend more time programming and less time on syntax and spelling. CL has great speed and some other features that KE does not have. KE loose out due to speed of loading (sometimes in excess of a minute).

I even moved it to both my HOME towers, and now use it as my main editor. I can over look those details, but would love to see those features added.

Wonderful Job!!!

Post subject: Re: Codelobster vs Komodo Edit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Thanks for the very useful notes indeed.
We will improve the behaviour that You described.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.