CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Codeigniter support in other IDEs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:08 pm 

Codelobster's support for the Codeigniter framework is simply perfect. This alone convinced me to buy a license because the auto completion is so much more complete than in any other IDE I've worked with and that's amazingly helpful.

Sadly I can only consider the rest of Codelobster way substandard. To name just a few of the fairly essential features that are missing: a print margin, character counter and move, copy or paste files. (I have to do that in Windows Explorer and then reload the project in the IDE.)

Because the IDE still needs so much work to do that I don't expect it to be able to compete with other IDEs anytime soon, I was wondering if your excellent Codeigniter understanding and auto completion is available as a plugin for more matured IDEs. Your CI processing in a basic text editor forms a real dilemma with a proper IDE. To combine them would be mind blowing.

Post subject: Re: Codeigniter support in other IDEs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Plobey.

Many thanks for your feeback.
You can move, copy or paste files in the File Explorer inside Codelobster.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Post subject: Re: Codeigniter support in other IDEs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:26 am 

Thank you for your tip. That helps a little with that particular issue, but it still leaves quite a list of features that Codelobster lacks that are supported in other IDEs:

- Line length management (print margin / word wrap after X characters)
- Strip trailing white space on save
- File management in project explorer
- Detailed auto-formatting options
- Sync local directories (e.g. save in onedrive/dropbox and copy to webroot)

I strongly believe in doing what you're good at. Programming a new IDE is a noble goal, but yours clearly still is a work in progress and has a long way to go before it is ready to compete with other IDEs. Your code completion for Codeigniter (and possibly other frameworks) is way beyond any competition though and the completely different stages of these elements make it an unfit combination. It would be great to use your code completion in a fully functional third party IDE until your own IDE is up to the same standards as the code completion, or at least the standards of your IDE competition.