CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Code Folding Issues,Crash Report and Not Loading Project Bug
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:23 pm 

Hello,
I am using CodeLobster 3.5.0 and am going to upgrade to latest version soon.

The issue i came up with is of:
1>Code Folding: I have multiple code folded as in attached image's screenshot, but now i cannot expand it back.
2>Crash: After the code folding's expand option didn't work, i kept clicking it and it crashed with the error mentioned in the screenshot.
3>Not Loading Project: After that Crash with that error, I close CodeLobster and opened my project by double click, surprisingly It doesn't load my previously opened files and behaves strange. IM now using Notepad++ with php for the time being until I upgrade in a day or even further if the bug isnt fixed in the upgraded version.

Right now, im upgrading to latest version and will post back in a day about the status of whether the upgrade solves or doesn't solve the issue.

I want codelobster to be the best.

Regards,
Abhishek Jha
http://www.abhishekjha.net

Attachments:
File comment: This is the attached screenshot
codelobstercrash.png
codelobstercrash.png [ 22.87 KiB | Viewed 17350 times ]

Post subject: Update: only 2 issues fixed but 1 feature damaged and lost
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm 

Update: Only 2 issues fixed but 1 feature damaged and lost

Hello,

The upgrade to CodeLobster 3.6.4 did solve the crash, and helped me expand the the collapsed code folding/unfolding issue but still one minor issue remains with this as the previous 3.5.0 edition and that is, the project which was opened before the crash was re-opened by me in older 3.5.0 version and they didn't restore the opened files of the project which i didn't save and exit the old version before upgrading to the new version, and in this upgraded version, this project came back opened as soon as I launched the new version 3.6.4 which was great but this new version also does not automatically open the .php files which were opened in the editor window tabs before the crash occurred.

I am using Standard version of CodeLobster 3.6.4, not the Portable one on Windows XP SP2.

So now though the project is opened, I will have to open the previously opened files again in my editor window one-by-one.

Please Note: This issue of not being able to open previously opened files in a project is not just with my old project with which the crash occurred, but this is the same issue with any new PHP project I create with CodeLobster 3.6.4, it doesn't open previously opened files in the editor whenever i open the project file by double clicking it. This feature was there in my CodeLobster 3.5.0 before the crash ocurred.

I was using this project feature in CodeLobster to open any previously loaded files and save my effort of remembering all files that I opened last few days back, but this new version though fixes bugs, but it lacks that feature making me work more harder.

Any solution for this in the next edition?

Regards,
Abhishek Jha
http://www.abhishekjha.net

Post subject: Re: Code Folding Issues,Crash Report and Not Loading Project
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Hi, avi.

Great thanks for your post.
Yes, we already know about the problem with storing last view state.
We will fix it by the next version 3.7. in Fabruary.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.