CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PHP install goes bust during upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am 

Hi all,

My first post here.

This is concerning a production Owncloud server running on a LAMP Ubuntu 14.04. Is has been running fine for the last couple of years, since rolling it into the production environment. I only do regular repository security updates every second or third weekend of the month.

For the last little while, I kept getting a deprecated repository do not use with the php5.5.37 install that was on there. I tried doing an upgrade to either 5.6 or 7 (something that would be supported by regular ubuntu repository security updates), using one of the many how-tos online.

This ended up collapsing my setup. I am not too familiar with php. I just install it and it always works from repositories.

Looks like I got all the php versions installed now. 5.5 5.6 7.0 in the server, that I see in the /usr/share/ folder and the /etc/php folder.

It has collapsed the redis cache server and lost connection to mysql as well. The email webmail page and the owncloud is down too.

By the looks of the php -v, I am running this:

Code:
root@server1:/home/adminpc# php -v
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/redis.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/redis.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.0.8-3+deb.sury.org~trusty+1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.8-3+deb.sury.org~trusty+1, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies
root@server1:/home/adminpc#

If there someway to clean up and remove the old deprecated php and replace it with a stable version that receives security updates through ubuntu repositories, and also connect the php to the existing mysql install.

Thanks

Relax: best ringtones, country music ringtones download, sms tones