CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Codelobster IDE multi-platform free version 1.1 released !!!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:07 am 
Site Admin

Dear customers!

We inform you that Codelobster IDE multi-platform free version 1.1.0 is available from:

http://www.codelobsteride.com/

The latest version has the following new abilities:

- Added new color schemes: Sublime, Storm, Atom.
- Ability to edit CodeLobster IDE color schemes (including IDE interface)
- Added support for .qss files
- Tooltips for JavaScript Document Object Model
- Tooltips for JavaScript Standard built-in objects
- Bugs fixed:
Crash after editing some values in the Prefences

Feel free to inform us about found bugs and occurred problems: support@codelobster.com

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Codelobster IDE multi-platform free version 1.1 released
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:34 pm 
Interesting BUT not quite ALL there yet. I've been evaluating on a Mac. Probably a work in progress.

There seems to be no way to set up a php project in MAMP. The new project path keeps defaulting to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ when the path to view the file is at localhost/project_name_folder/

Consequently when you click 'preview' in the editor window /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/project_name_folder/codelobster_test.php comes up which just shows the raw code not the 'preview'????? If I manually type in localhost/project_name_folder/codelobster_test.php the preview is shown.

Also whats included the Pro version that's NOT in the free version. What is going to entice me to pay $99 for a bit of software I can't really evaluate because half of it seems to be missing in the trial. I mean I'm trying to split the editor window so I can have two files top and bottom but that may be in the Pro version or it may not be implemented at all at present. Also are there any validation tools in the Pro version because at the moment in the free trial version the editor is not marking any errors at all, even basic ones. No way to wrap a bit of text in an html tag? Nice idea when you hover over a class name in the code it tells you what file that css selector is in but to be of any use you need to make it open that page and jump to it rather than force the developer to manually do that. Probably needs a floating snippets panel as well, no developer is going to remember what they named there snippets, which can only be evoked by typing in the name or part of it in the editor.

I think this needs more time to evolve and certainly the instructions to do anything are very poor. At the moment being quite a new product there are no solutions when searching the internet to solve such problems.

I think its a nice idea, still in early development though and will be more useful when a lot more basic fetaures are included, unless there is some good stuff in the Pro version, that I'm missing.

You've definitely got something going there BUT it needs refining. I'll check back in a few months to see how its devloping and maybe some of the suggestion might have been implemented or improved.

Let's face it as a developer I've tried pretty much every editor on the marlet and they ALL have strengths and weaknesses.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:47 pm 
CORRECTION,

The editor does provide some kind of validation but it's not that consitant or conclusive. If I type the below, obviously malformed html I don't get any indication at all it's invalid code.

<div class="wrapper">
<h1>Hello</h1
</div

However if I then remove the 'v' from the closing </div> tag it does give an indictaion that the code is invalid.

<div class="wrapper">
<h1>Hello</h1
</di

Its really a bit hit and miss which is why the product maybe could benefit with a direct link to the Wc3 validation services, which seems to be the only validation workflow which is reliable these days because no editor I've ever tried is that reliable when it comes to validation

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

1) You should press "Preview via WebServer" button (the button next to URL field in the Preview Window) in your .php file.
2) You should enter correct Virtual Folder and Host URL in Project Properties if you work with some project.
3) You can click on any CSS selector (+holding CTRL key) to go to it defenition.
4) Yes, we are going to improve Snippets functionality.
5) Yes, loks like there is incorrect behaviour of HTML Validator here. We will try ti fix it soon.

Many thanks for your extended feedback.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm 
In the 'location' box in the 'New Projects' panel I browse to:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Project name field I type:
codelobster

The below is then automatically inserted into the 'Base url for debug' field when I select create new folder:
http://localhost//Applications/MAMP/htdocs/codlobster

When I click either 'preview' or the 'button' at the top right or the url bar I get this url:

http://localhost/Applications/MAMP/htdo ... r/test.php

when the file is actually at:

localhost/codlobster/test.php

What ever I seem to do I can get rid of Applications/MAMP/htdocs

if I set the correct url where teh file is in the 'location' box I get a message - cant create such directory

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:52 pm 
Nope it doesnt appear to work.

For the location of the project I browse to the htdocs folder and codelobster inserts the below:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Project name I type:
codelobster

Which gives me the below base url for debug when I select create a new folder at the location specified:
http://localhost//Applications/MAMP/htdocs/codlobster/

When I click 'preview' or the 'buttons' at the top right of the url bar I get this url for the test.php file and just the raw php code shows.
file:///Applications/MAMP/htdocs/codlobster/test.php

When the file is actually at:
localhost/codeloster/test.php

Whatever is happening I can't get rid of Applications/MAMP/htdocs from the url

if I manually type the correct url into the url bar of the editor the file appears fine of course

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 pm 
And no selecting a css class in the html or php file, holding down control key and choosing 'Go to Definition' (which I though may have worked and had already tried) doesnt do anything.

I'm begining to wonder if this has been tested on a Mac?

Dont get me wrong I think the editor is looking good and has good potential but thus far there appears to be bugs and not much documentation. As I said I'll check back in a couple of months or so because I want another good commercial editor for the Mac market and ive been following good write ups about Codlobster on Windows for a few years. It doesnt appear to have quite made it through to the Mac version just yet.

Good luck and here's hoping something good will happen. One tip get emmet into the editor fast if possible as that will be a make or break deal for many developers.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

1) Please, enter correct Home URL in the Project Properties (remove "/Applications/MAMP/htdocs")

2) Sorry, You should hold "Command" (Not "Control") button on Mac.
So You can hold "Command" button and click on any CSS class name to go to it definition.

3) Codelobster includes Emmet plug-in already.
You can use it by Ctrl+E.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm 
I can confirm that clicking on a class name in the code editor window using command/click DOES indeed jump you to the applicable css selector in the appropriate css file - that is pretty neat and a real time saver when you want to get to the selector fast.

I can also confirm it's COMMAND + E on Mac to expand the emmet abbreviation not CTRL + E

I still can't find the correct path to insert into the New Project UI so the product locates the files in the MAMP htdocs folder though. I'll give it another go later.

Thanks for clarifying where to find certain features and how to use them. I can now evaluate it a lot better when I know the product can do more than what I first thought it could. I'll definitely give it a shout out in the web-forums I'm involved in and hope to push some interest your way.

I think you're doing a good job in bringing a decent IDE/editor to the Mac environment for the mid-range developer, it needs one for sure.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Great thanks for your detailed feedback once more.
It helps us to improve our IDE very much.

Please, look at the following items to edit Project Properties:
- TopMenu->Project->Properties
- ProjectWindow->Properties or Modify icon in the internal toolbar

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

We invite everyone to try new version 1.2 from http://www.codelobsteride.com

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:14 pm 

Do not misunderstand me. Although I think the editor has significant potential, there currently doesn't seem to be any documentation and there are some apparent issues. I'll check back in a few months or so, as I've already indicated, as I'm looking for a good commercial Mac editor and have been reading positive reviews of Codlobster for Windows for some time. The Mac version doesn't seem to have received it quite yet.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:01 pm 

Don't get me wrong. The editor has a lot of potential, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation right now, and there are several obvious problems. As I've already said, I'll check back in a few months or so because I'm searching for a nice commercial Mac editor and have been reading excellent things about Codelobster for Windows. It doesn't appear to have been included to the Mac version yet.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Codelobster IDE supports MacOS.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post