CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tutorial?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 am 
I've recently downloaded CodeLobster V.1.2.1 onto my Mac. At the moment I can really only use it as a text editor as I can't find any guidance on how to set up FTP or a local server. Is there a tutorial anywhere for new users?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Tutorial?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

We are working on proper tutorial for CodeLobster IDE yet.

Codelobster IDE doesn't include local server.

Please, go to Explorer Window -> FTP/SFTP Servers to add your FTP connection.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 pm 
You need to download MAMP for your local server or a similar package - a Google search will pull them up.

Once you have installed your local server create a new project in Codelobster and tell it where you want to create a new folder by selecting the folder icon from the new project UI in Codelobster. Browse out to the htdocs folder of MAMP and select it. Give the project a name. Check the box where Codelobster asks if you want it to create a new folder in the htdocs folder - it will be created using the project name. Thats it you should be able to start work on your project and view it directly within Codelobster using the preview button or you can open it in a browser.

Try that. If you get stuck post back and l will try and provide some further instructions.

Of course Codelobster can be used without installing a local server if youre not using a server side language or if you are you can push the files to your remote server but in my experience if you are using a server language its better to work with a local server whilst the project is at production stage.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 pm 

Guest Wrote:
You need to download MAMP for your local server or a similar package - a Google search will pull them up.

Once you have installed your local server create a new project in Codelobster and tell it where you want to create a new folder by selecting the folder icon from the new project UI in Codelobster. Browse out to the htdocs folder of MAMP and select it. Give the project a name. Check the box where Codelobster asks if you want it to create a new folder in the htdocs folder - it will be created using the project name. Thats it you should be able to start work on your project and view it directly within Codelobster using the preview button or you can open it in a browser.

Try that. If you get stuck post back and l will try and provide some further instructions.

Of course Codelobster can be used without installing a local server if youre not using a server side language or if you are you can push the files to your remote server but in my experience if you are using a server language its better to work with a local server whilst the project is at production stage.

excuse me!

can you giude me install code Lobster.

i am new here, and i do not know much about that.

i appreciate you

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 pm.

Report this post