CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Runnning multiple Codelobster IDE at one time ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:03 pm 

As a developer, I'm often working on multiple projects at one time, but it doesn't seem to be possible to keep multiple projects open/run multiple copies of the IDE. Any chance you can disable the code that prevents one from launching multiple IDE's ?

Equally/on a side note, some of our projects contain 30,000+ files, having the IDE parse every file on project open is rather annoying, is there really a need for this ?

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Runnning multiple Codelobster IDE at one time ?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 am 
I also work on a few projects at the same time: for the time being, I switch from one to another using the File =>Recent Projects list, but I can see the interest of having several projects opened at the same time.

I think there should be an option to allow for parsing of all the files of the project (or not). I understand the use of parsing the project files (to detect syntax error, todo, and to be able to provide link for objects, functions, variables between files). However, in case of a big amount of files, if one decides not to use theses features and to be able to open a project more quickly, that should be an option.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Runnning multiple Codelobster IDE at one time ?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi.

Please, check the following option:
Preferences->IDE->General->AllowMultipleInstances

After that You will be able to run several Codelobster IDE with different projects.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Report this post