CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Couple of bugs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:22 pm 

Hi Codelobster, I am Peter, owner of a very small IT company. We want to switch our code-editor from Dreamweaver to a faster and better one, so we found and tried Codelobster. First of all let me say thank you for the great program. It's lightweight and it does what it should, even more with nice functions. However, there are a couple of things/bugs I want to see improved before considering buying it.

1. When I open a project on FTP of my website, create some code and save it to the server. Then close Codelobster, remove everything from the Windows-"temp" folder. Then when I open CodeLobster again, and tries to open the previous edited file, CodeLobster won't open the previous edited file. After a third restart it will. Don't know if you can call this a bug, don't think so, but would be nice if this can be fixed.

2. Sometimes, when I paste a weird string from Windows clipboard to a html file in CodeLobster, the program crashes with a "Unhandled exception" error.
The weird string could be something like: this%is%a%very#weird^string_and_make_@codelobster%crash

3. According to the changelog of the current version there should be a button to interrupt the FTP transaction. I can't find this button, maybe change this button to a better/logic place?

4. When a file (in example: *.html, *.php or *.js) contains a large amount of lines, in example, 40.000 lines, CodeLobster can not save it to FTP. It simply refuse the save-operation.

5. When I upload a file to FTP via the upload-function of CodeLobster, or create a new file directly on the FTP server via CodeLobster, the name of the file I created contains weird characters, and when I click on the created file in Codelobster, the program crash with an "Unhandled exception".

I am using the latest version of Codelobster and Windows 7 (64-bit) with latest updates.

Post subject: Re: Couple of bugs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Peter.

Many thanks for the reported problems.

1) We will look at it surely.

2,5) Could You, please, send us the following file:
c:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Roaming\ClPhpEd\codelobster.log

3) Please, look at the attached screenshot.

4) We will research this problem.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Attachments:
stop.png
stop.png [ 22.77 KiB | Viewed 74945 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:23 pm 

Hi again, thanks for the reply.

The stop button for FTP transactions seems not to be working for uploading to server.
My log file in the attachment.

Ps: Version 5.6 had a progress bar while uploading to server, in the current version 5.7 this progress bar seems to be gone? I love to see it back because it's very handy :roll:

Attachments:
codelobster.log [65.86 KiB]
Downloaded 4965 times

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Peter.

1) Could You, please, try latest version 5.8.
We have fixed several bugs You described.

2) It is a log file of old version 5.6. We need a fresh one :)
Also which application dod You use to copy your weird string from?

Many thanks.
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:45 pm 

My bad, the previous log was indeed of a older version, sorry.

I did a clean install of the new and current version 5.8.0, and now I see the progressbar and the stop button which is working fine! However,

- When deleting files from the FTP, the progressbar is not shown.
- I was trying to copy a folder from the FTP to a another location on the server, but CodeLobster crashed. See the log.

Ps: I didn't use a special program to copy the weird string from, just had to copy and paste some data from my database (phpMyAdmin/mysql) into Codelobster.

Attachments:
codelobster.log [9.82 KiB]
Downloaded 5084 times

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Peter.

1) Yes, we didn't implement "stop" button for deleting yet.
2) We can't duplicate the crash :(
What was your last actions before the crash occured?
How did You try to copy folder?
Does this crash repeat stably?

Thanks.
Codelobster Team.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:11 pm 

Hi again,

The last action I don't know, probably editing and saving a file directly on the FTP.
I did a drag & drop action to copy one folder to a another folder on the server. (I think to remember the folder with the files I was trying to copy, did already exists on that new location so normally a pop-up box should appear with text like "Are you sure you want to overwrite those files?", but instead of that the program crashed. This happend just once.

Thanks btw for serveral fixes, but still got sometimes an error while saving a *.php file which contains more then 40.000 lines of code.
The error-message Codelobster give me in the console window is something like: "Can not open local file".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:41 pm 

Unfortunately the same FTP errors are still there in the last version.
When drag&drop moving a *.js file to a another folder on the FTP server, Codelobster crashed.
Also when uploading a *.css file to an FTP folder, the program crashed again after appending weird symbols to the filename on the FTP-file.

Here is the log.

Happy new year btw!

Attachments:
codelobster.log [26.09 KiB]
Downloaded 5033 times