CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FTP Problems
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:01 am 

Hey CodeLobster guys,

I have recently downloaded CodeLobster v3.4.1 PHP Edition with the CodeIgniter plugin and have some issues with FTP.

I do not have a local test environment, everything I work on must be saved to our test servers at head office via FTP, so any IDE without reliable FTP editing is completely useless to me and my colleagues, if the FTP issues are resolved we can order the rest of the team here CodeLobster PHP Edition with the CodeIgniter plugin.

My issues are as follows:

- Each time I try to save a file it prompts me to Overwrite the file. I would not have clicked Save if I did not want to overwrite the file, I would have clicked Save As...
- CodeLobster prompts me to reload the file as it's been supposedly edited elsewhere - it has not been and the reloaded file is identical. When the file gets reloaded, saving the file then no longer uploads it properly to the FTP, and requires me to reload CodeLobster.
- After extended periods of inactivity, I am disconnected from the FTP, but CodeLobster does not tell me I am disconnected, nor does it reconnect me automatically, so when I save my files, they are not uploaded properly (and I am not prompted to Overwrite the files, I am not sure where they are being saved to be honest). This also requires me to reload CodeLobster (sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting to the FTP will work).
- If I'm currently looking at the SQL connections and try to save a file I'm working on to FTP, sometimes nothing happens until I click on the Explorer tab, at which time I'm then prompted to Overwrite the file.

I am overall very dissatisfied with the FTP implementation, and this is the only feature that is holding back the rest of my company from migrating away from our current IDE to CodeLobster - please advise when FTP enhancements will be made.

Post subject: Re: FTP Problems
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:47 am 

Hi, I have already described some of these problems in another topic and autors of CL assured us they are working on it and will improve FTP functionality by the next version.
You should realize they have added FTP support in this last version - I think it is pretty good for the "first try". At least much better than the one in Notepad++ which is developed for 2 years...
(sorry for my English). So I would wait for the next release ... hope they will release it soon :-)

Post subject: Re: FTP Problems
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

Many thanks for your comments.
Yes, we are working on improvement of FTP feature now already.
We will try implement all suggestion.

Regards,
Codelobster.