CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some Cool Requests
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:30 pm 

Hello,

I have the following requests:

1>Crash Recovery: See http://www.emeditor.com/ or Microsoft Word,Excel etc and even Mozilla Firefox they have something in common call crash-recovery which will recover documents you opened in the past before your windows pc system or codelobster software itself gets crashed or hangs till next reboot.

2>Make the development open: Im the developer of a free asp.net cms right now in pre-beta stages which im converting to php now and i would like to add my own cms templating/plugin coding system autocomplete plugin to codelobster and help add more custom made-by-me php framework languages to codelobster, but that's just not gonna happen if you don't allow development of codelobster plugin system open like its possible now in other opensource ide like emacs, netbeans and eclipse. Making the system open would mean that you will have more hands to help in coding and maybe focus only on reviewing things before uploading on plugins directory, and not just the plugins, you can take people for helping in coding your base editor too, all you need is to make it open and develop using the community. You can keep your software copyright but let others develop it so that your software can grow faster.

3>DELPHI for PHP web apps: It would be cool if you can add RAD tools like DRAG and Drop web page designer where people can pull in a menu-bar, button, text box and don't spend time coding them, plus they can change properties of these things like say you do change properties of Text Box, label etc in Visual Studio 2008 with VB or C# when even you make ASP.NET pages, i want this to be implemented for PHP web pages.

4>Bracket Highlighting with code folding: Do not mistake that i haven't used codelobster 3.5, im already using it, i want say the 4 lines of text below:
=========================================
mail("owner@website.com",
"Comments sent via website",
$body,
'From: "WebComments" <comments@website.com>');
=========================================
here when you move your cursor to any bracket, '(' or ')' the other gets highlighted but you can't fold this 4 lines of code into 1 line of code as you do with other php functions like 'for{}'. This is an important thing that's missing and its presence will make sure that we will be able to fold multiple lines of code that are not in a common function like 'for' but they are a part of a smaller php function like mail which uses '()' brackets instead of '{}'.

Last edited by avi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Some Cool Requests
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

1) Does Codelobster crash sometimes on your PC?
Could you, please, provide us more info about it?
We have special crash system that save bachips for all opened files to hard drive while crashing.

2) Yes, we are going to create SDK for developing plug-ins for our IDE after several versions.

3) No, unfortunately we are not going to add some visual editing control.
Now we are working on more useful feature - style inspector (like FIreBug and Chrome have)

4) Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about appling this ability.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.